Ferri (Feraydon) M H Aliabadi, Zaharoff Professor Aviation and Professor of Aerostructures, Head of Aeronautics department of Imperial College since January 2005:
- he was Professor of Computational Mechanics and the Director of Aerospace Engineering at Queen Mary, University of London (1997-2005) and
- Reader and Head of Damage Tolerance Division at WIT, Southampton (1987-1997).
- During 1984-1987 he was a research fellow at Southampton University.
- He has worked for 25 years in the field of Computational Structural Mechanics and has established an international reputation for his achievements in development of the Computational Methods and, Fracture and Damage Mechanics.
- He is a fellow of Royal Aeronautical Society. His current research interest include structural health monitoring of composite structures; multiscale modelling of material degradation, fracture and failure; and general development of computational methods for life assessment of metallic and composite structures.
- He has over 300 journal publications, similar number of conference papers. He has published close to 50 books related to computational mechanics. He has supervised over 50 PhD students and similar number of post-doctoral researchers.
- He is editor in chief of two international journals and a book series and, serves on editorial board of several other international journals.
- He has participated and coordinated several large national and international research projects and continues to work closely with the aerospace sector in UK and Europe. He is a frequent keynote speaker at different international conferences related to Computational Methods and has given many lecture tours internationally on the topic.